Wednesday, January 20, 2010

a special blog dedicated to dolce

I am in tears as I write this post to remember my baby boy, Dolce. He was my cat and only 1 year old. He was the most unique cat I have ever known. he was half Bengal and half Manx and had no tail. He was very big and muscular for a cat. He resembled a little lion. He always layed with his front paws stretched in front of him with one paw over the other. Despite his gigantic appearance, he was really just a sweet cat. He had the meow of a small kitten and he loved to cuddle. He was such a one of a kind cat with so much character and no other cat will ever measure up to him. I hate to sound dramatic, but this cat was my life. I didn't see him for a couple days and I began to worry. It wasn't like him to stay out all night. Today I went to go looking for him again and decided to look on the back porch, as I saw my dog sniffing around earlier. We have a patio furniture set with a tarp over it, so it doesn't get ruined from the rain and I thought I should check under there, since he used to hide under there sometimes. I bent down and looked only to find him laying on his side, mouth open. I knew he wasn't alive. I burst into tears, and I have been crying since 12:30 this afternoon when I found him. My grandparents said they saw him on Sunday and he apparently was in a fight with some stupid big black cat that stalks around our house trying to fight our cats. When my dad went to go remove his stiff, lifeless body, we noticed that he had a huge gash on his back ankle and that his eyes were open. Another cat couldn't have done that much damage, so I figure either a raccoon or a coyote got to him last night and that he used whatever life he had left in him to come home. I'm just happy he came home...

Dolce "Big Boy" Forsythe
August 30th 2008 - January 19th 2010
You were a wonderful cat and will be greatly missed by everyone.
Rest In Peace, Baby Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment