Monday, February 8, 2010

loooooove: interior design

So I'm thinking about taking whatever necessary schooling I need to get into the interior design field. I've always had a passion for making living spaces beautiful and I'd like to make that my career in the future. It's something I'm confident about, I just think it's something I was born to do. I honestly think that it's one of the things I am great at. I'm constantly out buying new things for my bedroom and improving it in some way all the time. I don't have the biggest bedroom, so a decorating trick I use is mirrors. Mirrors are good for making small spaces appear bigger (and great for your own personal vanity if you're anything like me). As I've previously mentioned before, my bedroom has a theme. It's girly, dainty and a little bit French inspired. The colours baby blue and light pink remind me of Marie Antoinette...actually it reminds me of the colours in one of my favorite movies, Marie Antoinette starring Kirsten Dunst. My room just screams "princess!". I've got a pretty chandelier, Marilyn Monroe pictures, an oh-so-sexy Rolling Stone magazine poster with Taylor Lautner on it courtesy of my best friend Stephanie, beautiful paintings, two big mirrors, a big elegant white fireplace, pretty picture frames and sooo many candles! Oh, and my bed is like sleeping on a cloud. Just call me Princess Nicky ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment